Belfast City & Mural Tour - 3.5 Hrs.
The Belfast Landmarks Taxi Tours & Mural are an informative, light-hearted and humorous experience. As your expert tour guide shares a personal anecdote or nugget of local history, you can be sure that you will have seen and experienced the real Belfast. The Mural part of the tour will take you on an educational and enlightening journey of the famous Belfast murals. You will learn the history and politics of Belfast and Ireland – particularly about the period known as ‘the troubles’. We need advance notice to book this tour. Available at 10.30am or 1.30pm.
Looking for the Belfast Black Taxi Mural Tour?- including the main murals on the Falls and Shankill Road? Click here.
Your tour guide will be a local person, with local knowledge, who lived through the troubles. They will explain how the murals help to tell the story of the Northern Ireland conflict and how we arrived at the current peace process.
The tour focuses on ‘both sides’ of our community. You will visit the mainly Catholic (or Nationalist) Falls Road and the mainly Protestant (or Unionist) Shankill Road. You will cross the ‘peace line’ or ‘peace wall’ that continues to separate both communities. Both sides have used murals to tell their story, celebrate their past and raise awareness about how political decisions affected their communities.
Our Belfast City & Murals Taxi Tour is guaranteed to educate, enlighten and entertain. Our Black Taxi Tour by the original and official Belfast Taxi Tours company and is rated the maximum 5 stars on Trip Advisor.
Highlights of the City & Mural tour.
· Let us bring you on a journey that follows the Birth and Growth of our City. Starting at St George’s Church, discover why and where the settlement began. Starvation, Industrial revolution, Ship Building and Linen attracts thousands to the town. Connections to Rebellion and Henry Joy Mc Cracken.
· The loss of Belfast Castle. Why our Clock Tower leans?
· Visit the Cathedral Quarter’s Entries and cobbled streets.
· Drive by the infamous Crumlin Road Jail and Court.
· Choose the Belfast Castle option at this point if you wish (Stormont Parliament Buildings is the other option)
· Visit the Gaeltacht Quarter on our way to Queens University.
· Head back to the City passing one of Europe’s most frequently bombed Hotel.
· The story of the Crown Bar and Grand Opera House.
· Now we pass City Hall and St George’s Market.
· Cross the River Lagan to the Belfast Ship Yards. Home to the ill-fated Titanic.
· If you plan a trip to the Titanic Museum your tour can end here, otherwise we have the option of The Parliament Buildings.
· A visit to DivisTower and an introductory talk which sets the context of the tour and explains the series of events leading up to August 1969 and the period in history known as ‘the troubles’.
· A visit to the international wall and the Republican murals of the Falls Road in West Belfast.
· Visit the Loyalist murals on the Shankill Road (West Belfast)
· Crumlin Road Gaol (Prison) and Crumlin Road Courthouse (North Belfast). (outside view only)
· Visit the peace wall where you can write your message of peace.
· Visit Bombay Street
· Visit to the famous Bobby Sands mural
· Visit to a memorial garden.
Is this an authentic Belfast Black Cab Taxi Tour?
Yes. The Vendor we use which has operated for over 40 years. The Taxi Tour is operated by the ONLY registered taxi tour company in Belfast. As such, it is the only taxi tours company in Belfast with the official white taxi bus license.
The tour guides are the best in the city. They are local people with local knowledge and operate under a strict code of conduct.
We offer options of Black Taxi Mural Tours, City Tours and City and Mural tours (this tour).
With TinyTours you will enjoy the most authentic taxi tour available in Belfast.
What is the duration of the Murals Tour?
Typically, a tour of the city will last for around 3.5 to 4 hours. However, you should allow 4 hours if you have lots of interesting questions. Our drivers are passionate and knowledgeable and will want to give you a full and satisfying experience.
How much does the Tour cost?
A Belfast Murals Taxi tour starts at £100 for 4 people, with an addition of £15 for each person thereafter. Children under 12 travel free. Each black taxi has a maximum of 6 seats, larger groups will be split across multiple vehicles.
We can extend your tour for a small additional cost: Additional 30 minutes £10, Additional hour £20. This can be booked online or you can ask your driver on the day for availability.
Can you facilitate large group bookings?
Yes, we can accommodate 16 seat, 35 seat and 49 seat coaches as well as large groups who would like multiple Black cabs each with their own experienced guide. Our biggest tour to date facilitated 330 tourists. For a typical tour, we use authentic black taxis which have 6 seats. To book a group mural tour send us a message here.
Is this a private tour?
Yes. Your booking is for your group only. When you have a group over 6 people, we split this over multiple vehicles that travel together.
Do you offer a free pick up service?
We can collect you for your taxi tour free from many locations in Belfast city centre including most Belfast City Centre Hotels, Titanic Belfast and Queens University Area. For an additional cost, we can collect you from your airport or cruise ship. We cannot offer pickup outside the Belfast City area, for connections into Belfast you can use Translink services or private hire taxis. Please note pickup locations can only be changed with 2 hours’ notice before your tour starts by calling TaxiTrax.
You are also welcome to arrive at our dedicated passenger terminal King Street, Belfast. We have a café, toilets and baby changing facilities.
Cruise ship / Airport Pickups and Drop-offs.
For an additional cost, we can collect you from your airport or cruise ship. Please select the options below the tickets, pricing is for pickup or drop-off. For a return journey please add x2 of each option required. On the checkout page you can enter details in the Special Requests section and if you can please enter your Cruise Ship details / flight arrival time and if you need to collect luggage etc.
Why choose TinyTours?
TinyTours works with the Largest and Original taxi tour company in Belfast.
· The only taxi tours company who fund or part fund the murals you will see on your tour.
· They are rated the maximum 5 stars on Trip Advisor.
· Uniformed Drivers.
· Driver Identity Badges.
· All drivers are fully insured and vetted.
· Accountable and Traceable.
Each Tour has the backup of probably the Largest Fleet of Black Taxis Tour Cabs anywhere in the world.
Looking for other tours to do in Belfast?
We offer free pickup or drop-off at the start of or the end of your Black Taxi Tour from Titanic Museum, Crumlin Road Gaol and Titanic Boat Tours, Belfast City Hall and most Belfast City Centre Hotels.
· Titanic Belfast & SS Nomadic Tickets
· Crumlin Road Gaol Tour Tickets
· Titanic Boat Tours Tickets
· Coiste Falls Road Walking Tour
Need help? You can ask us a question by clicking here.
Image Credit: Tourism NI.