***October 2021 update *** We are open!!
Tours are available for same day booking and pre booking throughout 2021. For weekend tours It is advisable to prebook the day before your tour. Book early to avoid disappointment. If you have any questions have a look at our FAQ or please contact us using messaging feature on page.
The Mural tour is one of the most sought after tours in Belfast, check out the reviews below for real customer experiences.
Your driver is your guide and they will take you on a unique and riveting journey into the most recent conflict in Irish history. You will come away enlighten and more importantly, educated about the complex history and politics of Belfast and Ireland. Check out the feedback with over 1000+ 5* reviews on TinyTours for this tour.
Belfast.Tours prides itself in providing our customers with a professional, informative and thought-provoking tour. We promise to deliver first- hand accounts and intimate knowledge of the political conflict. With Belfast.Tours, you have ample opportunity to stop and take amazing photographs of the world’s largest open air art gallery before hopping back in the cab to hear more stories and accounts of Belfast’s history.
Our 90 minute tour is led by a local, passionate and certified guide who uses their natural gift for storytelling to share the stories behind each mural, the people, the neighbourhood and Belfast’s history. During the tour you will visit both sides of our community. You will travel to the catholic (nationalist) Falls road and the protestant (unionist) Shankill road. In order to do this you will have to cross through one of the many dividing walls or ‘peace walls’ which continue to separate our society. This informative and unforgettable Belfast murals tour is a must do!!!
What Is Included In The Belfast Mural Taxi Tour?
A visit to Divis Tower and an introductory talk which sets the context of the tour and explains the series of events leading up to August 1969 and the period in history known as ‘the troubles’.
- Starting at Divis Tower and some of the background which sets the context of the tour and explains the series of events leading up to August 1969 and the period in history known as ‘the troubles’.
- A visit to the international wall and the Republican murals of the Falls Road in West Belfast
- Bobby Sands Mural.
- Optional visit to Clonard Monastery ( time dependant )
- A visit to Bombay street (burned down during the pogroms of August 1969)
- Lanark Way (one of the gateways through the ‘peace wall’)
- A visit to the peace wall where you can write your own message of peace.
- A visit to the unionist Shankill road and the loyalist murals in West Belfast.
Why choose TinyTours?
- TinyTours works with Belfast Private Tours Ltd and is a verified vendor.
- They are rated the maximum 5 stars on Trip Advisor.
- Uniformed Drivers.
- Driver Identity Badges.
- All drivers are fully insured and vetted.
- Accountable and Traceable.
Looking for other tours to do in Belfast?
We offer free pickup or dropoff from Belfast City Centre and Crumlin Road Gaol.
Need help? You can ask us a question by clicking here. Pictures © TinyTours Ltd and Belfast Private Tours Ltd. Belfast Mural Taxi Tour is a Trademark of TinyTours Ltd. This tour is operated by Belfast Private Tours Ltd.
What is the duration of the Murals Tour?
Typically, a tour of the murals will last for around 90 minutes. However, you should allow 2 hours if you have lots of interesting questions. Our drivers are passionate and knowledgeable and will want to give you a full and satisfying experience. We can also offer extended tours. See below in the Tour cost for options.
Is this an authentic Belfast Mural Tour?
Yes.The guides are all from Belfast and have grown up in the areas in which they now tour. You'll hear about the local experiences of people in the area.
How much does the Tour cost?
The Mural tour starts from £50 for 1-2 people, with an addition of £25 for each person thereafter. Children under 16 cost £15 each and children under 10 travel free with an adults ticket.
Pricing during April - December is £50 for 2 people, and £25 per additional Adult. Family tickets are available April - December at £75 for 2 Adults and 2 Children. Additional children are £15 and under 10s are free.
Please note each vehicle has a maximum of 6/7 seats, larger groups will be split across multiple vehicles. The minimum charge per vehicle is £40.
We can extend your tour for a small additional cost: Additional 30 minutes £15, Additional hour £30. It is recommended extended tours be purchased at the time of booking.
What type of vehicle will I get?
We use a range of different vehicles for our tours. We have authentic London Black Taxis which have a capacity of 6 seats and modern MPV’s seating capacity of 7, fully air conditioned, comfortable and safe.Your vehicle for the tour will be either a Black Taxi or Modern 7 Seater Executive Taxi.
Can you facilitate large group bookings?
Yes, we can facilitate large group bookings on request.
Accessibility and Wheel Chairs.
The tour does involve some walking and getting in and out of the vehicle - especially to get up close to the Murals and into Clonard Monastery. Some of the Taxis we use are wheelchair accessible.
You can request a vehicle that is suitable for wheelchairs, on the payment page you can enter your request in the Special Requests box and the vendor will their best to accommodate this. For any special requests we do recommend booking early.
Is this a private tour?
Yes. Your booking is for your group only. When you have a group over 6/7 people, we split this over multiple vehicles that travel together.
Do you offer a free pick up service?
We can collect you for your taxi tour free from many locations in Belfast city centre including most Belfast City Centre Hotels and Queens University Area. For an additional cost, we can collect you from Titanic Belfast, from both Belfast airports or the cruise ship terminal. We do not offer pickup outside these areas, for connections into Belfast you can use Translink services or private hire taxis. Please note pickup locations can only be changed with 2 hours notice before your tour start by calling the vendor.
Cruise ship / Airport Pickups and Drop-offs.
Coming to Belfast on a Cruise ship? We can pick you up from the Cruise Ship* or in the City Centre. For only £15 for Cruise Ship Pickup means your driver will be waiting for you when you arrive. You can also specify if you'd like a Cruise Ship drop off for an additional £15. City Centre pickup and drop-off is free. For areturn journey please add x2 of each option required. Please enter the cruise ship name into the Special Request box when selecting the Cruise Ship option.
Coming to Belfast via the George Best City or International Airports? We can collect you or drop you off at the Airport after your tour. Please select the options when selecting your tickets, pricing is for pickup or drop-off. Belfast City Airport one way is £15, Belfast International Airport is £40 one way. The prices above are per cab. For groups over 6/7 people please contact us,
On the checkout page you can enter details in the Special Requests section and if you can please enter your Cruise Ship details / flight number arrival time and if you need to collect luggage etc. Please allow 15-20 minutes after your flight / cruise arrival to arrange pickup.
Delays & Cancellations
- If you have an unavoidable delay please call us at least 1-2 hours before your tour on our Office Number +44 (0)2890 248595 (weekdays) or Mob +44 (0)7809449583 (weekends and out of hours) to confirm the time of your tour and pick up location. Please state you have booked your tour online via TinyTours and give your ticket reference.
- If you need to change your tour start time, please contact the vendor 24 hours before your original tour start. The vendor will do their best to accommodate changes in your booking. Subject to availability.
- Cancellations more than 24 hours from the time of your tour will be refunded minus the booking fee. Please message the vendor using the chat facility and notify us of your cancellation. Same day cancellation will incur a £25 fee deduction from your refund.
- If the driver is delayed due to traffic or any other reason you should receive a call.