Rory O’Kane - FULLY QUALIFIED TGNI GUIDE
Experienced guide in NI, covers historical, political, maritime and industrial tours in Belfast and the North Coast of Northern Ireland.
View full guide profile
My name is Rory O’Kane and I am a qualified tour guide and a member of Tour Guides Northern Ireland. I have been involved in the Travel and Tourism industry for 35 years as a travel agent, a holiday representative abroad and a tour guide. I have worked with some of the biggest companies such as Thomas Cook, Airtours, Expedia and Titanic Belfast where I received an award for outstanding customer service from the CEO.
My tours are designed to meet the needs and interests of my clients. I presently lead walking and coach tours of Belfast’s historical, political, maritime and industrial past; I am a ‘step on coach’ guide or where transport is required I am happy to arrange a private driver or a private hire coach company to suit all budgets.
My Causeway Coastal tour is a full day travelling along the most scenic route in the world. We pass through areas of outstanding natural beauty with ample photo stops along the way, giving you an opportunity to create everlasting memories of your trip.
This tour is very personal to me as I grew up in the scenic seaside resort of Ballycastle and it was my late father who coined the phrase “The Causeway Coast”.
My tours are designed to go in line with my mission statement. “KEEP COMING BACK”
Do not miss out on the opportunity to really discover Belfast with a guided tour of the city.
Step back in time with Rory’s stories and learn about the rich history, the politics and the
architecture as you take in the vibrant streets, the sights and sounds and what makes this
city unique. The in-depth knowledge of your qualified TGNI guide, will bring the city to life
in an entertaining and informative journey from the troubled times of the past to its
Highly recommended by the UK’s prominent travel expert, Simon Calder, Rory will “unlock
the city” and leave you wanting to keep coming back.
Employing a state-of-the-art tour guide system, the experience is provided
in a relaxing and Covid-compliant manner.
- Belfast City Hall: The jewel at the heart of Belfast, this magnificent Grade A listed building dates from 1906.
- Belfast’s Entries: A series of historical laneways at the heart of the commercial sector.
- Blitz Square: Outside of London, the site of the greatest number of lives lost during the blitz of 1941.
- The Albert Clock: Our leaning Tower, erected in 1865 as a memorial to Queen Victoria’s late husband.
- The Cathedral Quarter: A very attractive area of the city packed with busy pubs and home to a thriving nightlife.
- St. Anne’s Cathedral: A stately building and site of the largest free-standing Celtic Cross in Ireland
- Writer’s Square: A celebration of Northern Ireland’s rich literary heritage
- The Crown Bar: A truly unique place steeped in history and a must-see for the thirsty traveller.
Tour times: Monday/Wednesday/Friday at 11a.m.
Tour price: £15 per adult / £8 per child
Tours take approximately 2 hours and begin in front of The City Hall Main Gates.