Donal Kelly - Blue Badge Level 4 Guide
View full guide profile
My name is Donal Kelly, I was born in Antrim Town about 18 miles outside Belfast but have lived in Belfast since 1990.
I hold the N.Ireland Blue Badge (Level 4) qualification, the highest accredited tour guiding qualification available in N.Ireland, and sit on the Executive of Tour Guides N. Ireland the local guiding association.
I also have a professional qualification in Community Relations, and I am a qualified Cycle Instructor.
My backround includes 17 years in Aerospace, and working as an Outdoors Instructor, I was also involved with the 'Peace People' in Belfast, a local peace organisation in the early 1990's.
In 2012 I started working as part of the Visitor Experience Team at Titanic Belfast, and started delivering my own guided experiences in 2016, (Belfast Mic Tours).
I have a love and passion for Ireland North and South and Irish History and culture.
My area's of expertise include Titanic, Belfast's Maritime and Industrial Heritage, and interpretation of the N. Ireland 'Troubles' (Political Mural's, Peace Walls, history and legacy of the Troubles).
I was also a 'Game of Thrones' extra in Seasons 1&2 playing mostly Lannisters, and fought for the Lannisters in the Battle of Blackwater Bay (Season 2).
Most of the fiming of this iconic TV show took place in various locations throughout N. Ireland, the most dramatic being the stunning Causeway Coast. (I am happy show you some of these locations and teach you the sword routine I was taught for the show).
So I am available for half or a full day, I can offer custom walking/cycle tours or I can join you in a hire car or I can arrange a luxury minibus for your group.
I am also happy to pre-book Tea/Coffee stops, Lunch stops, pre-book entrance slots for visitor experiences and organise any other activities.
Click on the 'Ask a Question' link for further details and a customised quote.
A full Day's coach tour of the Antrim/N'Abbey Borough.
Join us for a wonderful coach tour within the Antrim & Newtownabbey Council area, a hidden gem of N. Ireland with a wealth of history and built heritage and an area that also encompasses two major bodies of water, Belfast Lough and Lough Neagh.
The tour will include visits to :-
- Antrim Round Tower
- The Whitehouse
- Hazelbank Park
- Pogues Entry
- Gateway Centre & Loughshore Park
- Antrim Castle Gardens guided tour
- Exclusive access to Shanes Castle Estate
- The Tour also includes a Tea/Coffee morning break at the Castle Mall Antrim and Lunch at the historic Clotworthy House within the award winning Antrim Castle Gardens.
- The tour will be led by Antrim born Level 4 Professional Tour Guide Donal Kelly.
NB Please meet at the Meeting Point 15 minutes before departure, departure time 08.30am from the Old Courthouse Antrim Town.
Pickup and Dropoff
- The pickup/Drop Off location is the City Side/Yorkgate Carpark Belfast, participants can join the tour in Antrim Town at the Round Tower Steeple, and be dropped off there again, but this request must be made iby e mailing email@example.com.
- Participants must arrive at least 15 minutes before departure time (09.00 am).
- Tours are suitable for adults and post primary children.
- Due to the already 'Heavily' subsidised price No concession rates are available.
- Tours will take place Rain or Shine, participants are asked to dress for the forecasted weather, and wear footware suitable for walking on grass.
- There will be an element of walking on the tour, participants should be able to walk at a reasonable rate for approx 1.5 hrs, over mostly flat ground/tracks and grass..
- Belfast Mic Tours reserve the right to change elements of the tour at short notce, details will be given before the beginning of the tour.
- Belfast Mic Tours will not be held responsible for loss/damage to personal items on the tour, participants will be expected to manage the security of their personal items at all times.
- All Minors (Under 18) must be supervised at all times by a 'Responsible' adult.
- All participants will be expected to follow all reasonable instructions given to them by the Tour Leader, anyone not following reasonable instructions and thus compromising the safety of themselves or others will be asked to leave the tour, in this instance no refund will be given.
- If any participants are deemed to be under the influence of alcohol/drugs and deemed to be disruptive or comprising the safety of themselves or others they will not be permitted on the tour or asked to leave the tour, in this instance no refund will be given.
- Any special dietary requirements must be made known to Belfast Mic Tours at least 1 week before the tour date, e mail firstname.lastname@example.org